Consultant / Sr. Consultant, Data Science
Founded in 2015 and rapidly expanding, Fresh Gravity (www.freshgravity.com) is an exciting business and technology consulting company that is at the cutting edge of digital transformation. We drive digital success for our clients by enabling them to adopt transformative technologies. We provide a range of services: from Data Management, Data Science & Analytics, to API Management/SOA and Artificial Intelligence.
In a short time, we have crafted an exceptional team who have delivered impactful projects for some of the largest corporations in the world. We are on a mission to solve the most complex business problems for our clients using the most exciting new technologies. And we are looking for top talent to join us in our quest.
Fresh Gravity’s team members are authorities in their field, but know how to have fun, too. We’re building an inspiring, open organization you’ll take pride in. We challenge ourselves to grow – every day. We create value for our clients and partners – every day. We promise rich opportunities for you to succeed, to shine, to exceed even your own expectations.
We are thoughtful. We are engaged. We are relentless. We are Fresh Gravity.
Fresh Gravity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with statistical software tools: SAS, SPSS, Strata, R, Matlab, or Python statistical libraries. (We work primarily in Python and R).
- 3+ years of experience working in a business context (technology consulting, systems integration, management consulting, working as an analyst “in industry,” etc.)
- Comfort communicating and collaborating with client executives up to the C-suite.
- Strong project management skills, with examples of teams led and projects delivered successfully.
- Strong verbal presentation skills.
- Strong qualitative “storytelling” via structured slide decks.
- Strong “data storytelling” with good grasp of data visualization theory.
Techniques and Use Cases:
- Required: Strong data visualization capabilities, and comfort telling a “story” about analytic results, with Tableau expertise (or equivalent) preferred.
- Required: Fundamental data processing and preparation expertise (e.g., via Access or SQL).
- Required: Experience implementing standard statistical techniques such as experimental design, regression, statistical inference and prediction.
- Preferred: Experience implementing standard machine learning models on real data (whether “big” or “small” data). For example:
- Standard data wrangling and preparation, including feature selection and engineering
- Unsupervised clustering to segment a customer base into meaningful groups
- Supervised classification to predict malignancy given training data on tumors
- Supervised regression to estimate the price of a house based on 30+ features
- Bonus: Kaggle competition results can be a differentiator.
- Required: Fundamental understanding of core machine learning and deep learning concepts, and ability to explain them at multiple levels:
- in laymen’s terms using examples and minimal jargon
- at an intermediate level for clients with some statistical background
- Preferred: Understanding of advanced machine learning techniques such as anomaly detection, recommendation engines, collaborative filtering, natural language processing, computer vision, network analysis, etc. Ability to identify appropriate techniques if given a real-world use case.
- Bonus: Personal data science projects can be a differentiator
A typical project involves:
- Structured interviews with clients about their business problems and analytic needs.
- “Blue sky” / ”art of the possible” conversations on clients’ technology strategy.
- Given the client’s real-world business problem, identify the appropriate analytic or ML use cases that would constitute a solution tailored to their business needs.
- Produce prototypes and proofs-of-concept, and lead teams of Data Scientists to do the same.
- Lead Data Science teams to deliver fully-fledged solutions that are scaled to production
- Lead teams of Data Scientists and serve as Project Manager for client engagements.
- Given unstructured and complex business problems, design and develop tailored analytic solutions. Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build actionable models.
- Research machine learning algorithms, develop solution formulations, and test on large datasets
- Draw relevant inferences and insights from data including identification of trends and anomalies.
- Effectively document and communicate methodologies and results.
- Produce high-quality “storytelling” including data visualizations, dashboards, and executive presentations.
- Produce C-level communications including live presentations, facilitated discussions, and slide materials.
- Customer- and peer- relationship focused. Our success comes from happy clients AND happy project teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment. We aim for the best of both worlds: high-autonomy plus high-support. Artificial Intelligence is an emerging field – we all learn from each other and each team member leads the way in some areas.
- Comfort with “blue sky” and “art of the possible” thinking. We hire candidates both for what they know and for what they can imagine. We frequently work on emerging opportunities that don’t have a single “best practice” solution. If you come up with a great idea, be prepared for the green light to run with it!
- Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently. Because AI is an emerging area, we set aside time to stay up-to-date and share knowledge with each other.
- Comfort with executive-level client communication. It’s an exciting time in the lifecycle of companies adopting AI. Sponsorship and support for data science initiatives goes all the way up the chain, and we are often tasked with explaining complex math at varying levels of detail for clients with different statistical backgrounds and levels of seniority.
In addition to a competitive package, we promise rich opportunities for you to succeed, to shine, to exceed even your own expectations. In keeping with Fresh Gravity’s challenger ethos, we have developed the 5Dimensions (5D) benefits program. This program recognizes the multiple dimensions within each of us and seek to provide opportunities for deep development across these dimensions. Enrich Myself; Enhance My Client; Build my Company, Nurture My Family; and Better Humanity.